Delimbers for Trimming Harvested Trees
A delimber uses a series of sharp blades to strip the limbs off of trees so that they can be transported for processing. Though there are many different variations of delimbers, trees are normally pulled through the delimber using a knuckleboom loading system, as these work the fastest and can operate in landings with tight quarters and low clearance. Delimbers are essential pieces of heavy forestry equipment that are not designed to stray far from the landing.
Whether you need a standalone or mounted delimber, My Little Salesman has excellent listed selection of delimbers for sale that can prepare trees for anything from woodchips to highly refined and measured short logs, and more!
Choosing the Right Delimber
There are many different types of delimbers for sale:
- Stroke boom delimbers – These mobile delimbers are mounted on a base and can delimb cut felled trees into logs (bucking). Stroke boom delimbers have a front grapple on a boom and another grapple on the rear that holds the tree in place as it is delimbed. These delimbers can make highly-refined and precise cuts.
- Pull-Through Delimber – Horizontal processor heads can be standalone or mounted onto a loader for mobility. Three knives remove the limbs from a tree. Not as accurate as stroke boom delimbers.
- Gate Delimber – These stationary steel tube grids can delimb multiple trees at once, but requires a grapple skidder.
- Flail Delimber – Chains on rotating drums break off the stems. This only works with small trees and small limbs, and is primarily meant to loosely delimb trees that have been designated for wood chipping.
Always consider the following delimber specifications:
- Physical Limits – Unless you have a mounted delimber on a self-leveling cab, you probably won’t be able to operate on slopes. Some delimbers are limited by the size of the tree limbs or the tree itself. Some can work in tight spaces and others need a lot of room to work.
- Swing Torque – If you are working with a knuckleboom delimber, then having a lot of torque means that the machine can work faster and get more accomplished, saving on time.
Questions About Used Delimbers for Sale
If you have any questions about the condition of any of the used delimbers for sale, please contact the seller directly by using the “Call Seller” or “Email Seller” buttons. It’s the quickest way to get official maintenance logs, hours logged, and other crucial information!
Got a delimber to sell? In minutes, you can create a classified ad and market it to thousands of users.
Start selling today