Wide Selection of Dump Trailers Available
From farmsteads and landscaping operations to commercial cleanups and beyond, these new and used dump trailers are primarily designed to dump or spread fine-grained loads such as gravel, dirt, mulch, sand, and various construction materials like roofing shingles. We are pleased to list quality brands like Load King dump trailers and MAC trailers for sale, many of which with innovative features designed to get the job done right every time, including tube rear bumpers (which is better than c-channel at protecting the lights and electric work from road debris) and no-fuss electric tarps.
Understanding the Difference: End, Bottom and Side Dump Trailers
New or used, dump trailers can be categorized into three main types:
- End Dump Trailers – This hydraulic trailer unloads from the rear at a maximum angle of 45 degrees, and it’s excellent for dumping in confined spaces. Aluminum dump trailers can hold more, but steel trailers are far more durable.
- Side Dump Trailers – Unlike end dump trailers, side dump trailers unload from the side. They are generally able to carry less than end dump trailers, but they also usually cost less, are more stable, and are more durable than aluminum end dump trailers.
- Bottom Dump Trailers – Otherwise known as belly dump trailers, this hydraulic trailer unloads from the underside, and it’s especially optimal for spreading mulch and gravel with ease.
The Used Dump Trailers Checklist
If you are buying a used dump trailer, inspect the body for rust, and then make sure the following equipment is available:
- Ramps – Crucial for hauling small construction equipment like Bobcats.
- Integrated Battery Charger – Lets you easily charge your trailer from almost anywhere.
- Plate Fenders – The sturdiest and most durable plate fenders are made from diamond.
- Radial Tires (optional) – Provides a smoother ride and better gas mileage due to less friction.
- Scissor Hoist (optional) – Much stronger than hydraulic cylinders and also better at handling uneven loads.