Dump Trucks for Loading, Hauling and Unloading Materials
A dump truck has a large, powerful engine that’s designed to haul large loads of building and waste materials inside of a deep dump trailer that is curved or squared. Dump trucks are used wherever large quantities of clay, dirt, soils, sands, rocks, debris and other materials need to be transported or removed, and they have a wide variety of uses within the construction, mining, landscaping, and forestry industries.
My Little Salesman lists a wide variety of practical and affordable dump trucks for sale that are the right size and shape for your hauling needs. Whether you are going on public roads or through muddy, rocky, and other difficult terrain types, My Little Salesman lists the right dump truck for sale – each and every time.
How to Pick the Right Dump Truck
First, think about where you will be driving:
- Medium Duty Dump Trucks – If you are driving on relatively level surfaces and going from public roads to level construction sites, then lightweight dump trucks may be a cheaper solution.
- Heavy Duty Dump Trucks – If you know that you will be heading off road or driving on uneven ground (even just for a little bit), then you need to look at heavy duty dump trucks for sale. Mining, forestry, and most new construction sites will require heavy duty dump trucks.
Second, think about what you are hauling and select an appropriate axle rating:
- Large Loads – Dense materials may require a rear axle rating of up to 40,000 pounds and around 20,000 pounds in the front.
- Medium Loads – Medium duty dump trucks will have an axle rating of around 25,000 pounds and 13,000 pounds on the front.
Third, choose a dump trailer lifting mechanism:
- Single Ram – The cheapest design, but also least capable of lifting heavy loads.
- Double Ram – A dual design offers additional support for heavier loads.
- Scissor – Offers the most support when lifting heavy loads.
Fourth, think about the benefits of choosing aluminum or steel dump trucks:
- Aluminum – Lighter than steel, meaning less fuel is expended and fuel costs are lowered.
- Steel – Heavier and more durable than aluminum, better-suited for bulky and extra-heavy materials.
Finally, while horsepower is certainly important, torque is actually much more important because it determines how quickly the dump truck will be able to turn – which is especially crucial when maneuvering at low speeds.
Buying Used Dump Trucks for Sale
Before buying a used dump truck for sale, watch out for the following...
- Cracks, rust and dents in the truck’s body.
- Uneven tire tread wear (a sign of alignment problems)
- Bends or sags in the truck frame rails (a sign of misuse)
- Some states require specific lift axles to remain legal
- Make sure the transmission is manual or automatic according to your preference.
- Check the lifting mechanisms for any leaks, cracks and dents.
- Make sure the dump trailer lowers smoothly.
- Check the engine for leaks, noises, and any other signs of abnormal use.
Got a dump truck to sell? In minutes, you can create a classified ad and market it to thousands of users.
Start selling today