Excavators for Digging, Crushing and Clearing Soil and Rocks
An excavator is a heavy machine that can be used for trenching, hole digging, truck loading, earth moving, and – with the right attachments – crushing, cutting, dredging and demolition work. Crawler excavators run on tracks instead of wheels, which makes them slower, but also more reliable on uneven or muddy terrain.
At My Little Salesman, you’ll find an exclusive listing of excavators for sale that can tackle any job – from civil engineering and quarrying, to scrap handling and road construction – along with highly versatile attachments that are designed to make your fleet even more proficient!
How to Choose the Right Excavator
Always consider these specifications when shopping new or use excavators:
- Horsepower - Try to keep fuel costs down by using the smallest engine possible.
- Operating Weight - Again, keep the operating weight to a minimum to keep purchasing costs down.
- Bucket Capacity - The more weight a bucket can carry, the less trips the excavator will have to make (saving on fuel costs).
- Max Digging Depth - Compact soil or dense materials will require more digging depth.
- Max Dump Height - Make sure that the crawler excavator can safely clear all obstacles when dumping.
- Tail Swing - For tighter areas, an excavator with a reduced-tail swing can move freely without causing damage. When working on open spaces, however, a conventional tail swing excavator will do just fine.
Additional Features to Consider
Some excavators have additional features that can save you time and money:
- Straight Travel - Both tracks are controlled by a single foot pedal, which can save time when frequently moving back and forth while trenching.
- Fleet Management - Important things like fuel levels and total hours can be digitally logged for maximum accuracy.
- Power Modes - Most crawler excavators for sale will have adjustable power modes that are meant for different attachments when working on different tasks. For example, an “economy power mode” can be used to reduce fuel consumption when using with attachments that do not require a lot of horsepower.
Got a excavator to sell? In minutes, you can create a classified ad and market it to thousands of users.
Start selling today