Farm Trucks for Hauling Grains and Crops
Farm grain trucks are heavy duty road vehicles capable of hauling lightweight crops such as corn and soybeans to their destination to be sold. Since farms are able produce more bountiful yields than ever before, the need for larger farm trucks continues to grow. No matter what size your farm is, however, choosing the right new or used grain truck is absolutely essential for its success.
Fortunately, My Little Salesman lists a wide variety of new and used farm grain trucks for sale that can handle any job, from vintage single-axle used grain trucks all the way to modern models with well over 300 HP.
Picking the Right Grain Truck for Sale
Here are some general factors to consider when picking a new or used grain truck for the farm:
- If you are hauling large payloads, then only look at the grain trucks for sale that have a higher weight capacity on the back tires than the front.
- The grain truck with the right capacity and best gas mileage should usually be given top priority. Typically, the gas mileage is anywhere from 5 to 15 miles per gallon.
- Diesel grain trucks have a better mileage per gallon, but they also typically require more maintenance, and repairs can be more expensive.
What to Check When Buying a Used Farm Truck
Remember to always check the following on a used farm truck:
- The tires often go first, so aside from a visual inspection, find out the age of the tires. If they were in a hot climate, then check them extra well for heat cracks and weathering. You can check the tires by looking at the grooves. The closer the grooves are to the base of the tire, the more miles they have on them.
- Hire a mechanic to inspect the engine. It’s much cheaper than having to fix a mechanical malfunction after you’ve already bought it.
Got a farm / grain truck to sell? In minutes, you can create a classified ad and market it to thousands of users.
Start selling today