Flatbed Trucks for Hauling Equipment and Materials
Flatbed trucks have ample space for fitting large loads, equipment and mass quantities of oddly-shapely goods. Flatbeds especially excel at transporting construction materials and can fulfil general towing purposes as well. Everything from steel beams to bricks can be easily carried in bulk onboard these durable flatbed trucks.
Whether you need a traditional flatbed truck that’s built for hauling long distances, or a special flatbed dump truck that can unload while at a construction site or on the scrapyard, My Little Salesman is sure to have the right new or used flatbed truck for sale.
How to Pick the Right Flatbed Truck for Sale
There are generally three types of flatbeds to choose from when picking a new or used flatbed truck for hauling:
- Traditional – These flatbed trucks have no sides or top, providing the best access when loading or unloading, but also requiring lengthy securing procedures before transportation.
- Drop-Side – The sides of the truck are low and often hinged, dropping down for easy access.
- Stake Truck – Also known as a “stake body”, these trucks have large upright steel stakes that can be removed in independent sections as needed.
Most flatbed trucks for sale fall under these weight classes:
- Class 5 – 16,001 to 19,500 pounds
- Class 6 – 19,501 to 26,000 pounds
- Class 7 – 26,001 to 33,000 pounds
- Class 8 – Above 33,000 pounds
Choosing the Right Flatbed for Equipment Transportation
The shape of the flatbed also determines what it can transport:
- Flatbeds with a square shape are better-suited for hauling smaller equipment. They also tend to stick out more, making square-shaped flatbeds better for wide open spaces. Stake body flatbeds, for example, are good for smaller goods such as tires, store window panes, various auto parts, and lesser construction materials.
- Larger flatbeds have a rectangular shape that provides little overhang, making them preferable when navigating tight spaces. The rectangular bed also allows larger equipment to be transported without a problem.