New and Used Tow Trucks by Owners and Dealers
Any tow truck (otherwise known as a "wrecker") is designed to possess, remove, or otherwise transport vehicles from one location to another and below you'll find a large variety of light, medium, and heavy duty new and used wreckers for sale that can get the job done with precision and minimal damage.
Receive an email alert when new listings are added that match this search criteria. Be the first to know
We List Wheel Lift, Flatbed Tow Truck Models and More
Our listings of new and used wreckers for sale can be divided into three main types:
- Hook and Chain – Otherwise known as "sling" towers, this economic towing system attaches heavy chains to the vehicle’s bumper or axle. This method is especially good for towing vehicles with missing front wheels. However, these towers can cause damage to the bumper and to the frame, and they are generally outdated.
- Wheel Lift – This hydraulic system inserts a metal frame underneath the vehicle that locks into place and lifts, causing no damage. However, if the vehicle is too damaged (or if it is all-wheel drive), then it cannot be towed using this method.
- Flatbed Tow Truck Models – A flatbed tow truck is the most expensive design, but also the safest for transporting damaged vehicles as well as two-wheel and four-wheel drive vehicles. They come with either aluminum and steel beds, and are priced accordingly.
Additional Features of Wreckers
- Booms – This is used whenever the vehicle cannot be safely attached from the rear. It’s especially good for getting vehicles out of steep ditches and embankments.
- Integrated – Classic "repo trucks" merge the boom with a wheel-lift design. These are primarily intended for light duty use, although heavier integrated repo trucks are less commonly made.