2017-2018 Road Institute Course Schedule Available for Hands-on Operation and Training of Volvo Road Machinery Equipment
Training courses combine classroom-style instruction with hands-on learning, and focus on a wide range of paving and compaction topics, including operation, application, maintenance and mechanics.
The Road Institute will offer various training sessions, ranging from two to five days, beginning in late October 2017 through May 2018. Courses are held in at the Road Institute Training Center in Shippensburg and Chambersburg, Pennsylvania and at the Road Institute West location in Phoenix, Arizona.
Training courses combine classroom-style instruction with hands-on learning, and focus on a wide range of paving and compaction topics, including operation, application, maintenance and mechanics. All courses are conducted by instructors with decades of firsthand field and teaching experience, and they incorporate training on the latest paving and compaction technology while remaining beneficial to those who work with any brand of paving and compaction equipment. The paver and compactor operator courses also qualify toward the NAPA Diamond Paving Commendation requirements. Safety and best practices are emphasized within the curriculum of each course.
This year, in addition to offering training on the use of Compact Assist for Asphalt, the Volvo intelligent compaction system with Density Direct, Road Institute will be using recently released paver and compactor models in operation and technical training, including the P7000B and P4410B pavers and the DD30B, DD35B, DD120C and DD140C compactors.
Early registration is recommended as class size is limited to allow for ideal instructor-to-attendee ratio. A 25% discount will be given to those who register by October 31 for any classes held October through December 2017.
The 2017-2018 course schedule can be viewed here
. More information on course descriptions, registration and hotel information is available online at RoadInstitute.com
“The road building industry is changing, and placing different requirements on jobs — such as an increase in the number of states with an intelligent compaction specification. So, beyond all students of Road Institute leaving with tools that will immediately make their work easier and result in a higher quality end product, we also provide training on the latest technology to ensure our students are prepared as more states and DOT jobs start making the use of intelligent compaction a requirement.”
- Wayne Tomlinson, Road Institute compaction training specialist
Road Institute Course Descriptions
- Paver and Compactor Operation and Maintenance – Two days of classroom-style learning plus two days of hands-on application in this course provides best practices for operation and management of paving equipment.
- Automatic Grade and Slope Systems – This course provides lessons on how to safely set up, operate and troubleshoot common control issues that can result in poor ride-ability and joint construction.
- Large Asphalt Compactor Mechanics – This course provides students with maintenance and technical training for large asphalt compactors including system functions, troubleshooting and adjustments of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Small Asphalt Compactor Mechanics – Students learn mechanics for asphalt compactors under seven tons.
- Soil Compactor Mechanics – This course provides students with general service instruction for soil compactors.
- Paver Hydraulic and Electrical Systems – Students become familiar with the hydraulic and electrical systems of pavers with lessons that allow for hands-on troubleshooting.
- Paver Screed Operation and Adjustments – This course covers principles of paver operation, maintenance, mechanical adjustments, screed set-up and screed running adjustments to ensure paving quality.
By Curtis Sund
on August 7, 2017
Volvo Construction Equipment
More in Construction Equipment News