Komatsu Debuts WA200-8 Wheel Loader with Tier 4 Final Engine
The WA200-8 includes a new EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine and more comfortable, high-back, heated seat.
With improved operator comfort and 126 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, the new Komatsu
WA200-8 wheel loader is a high production, low fuel consumption follow-up to the Komatsu WA200-7 wheel loader. The WA200-8’s parallel-lift linkage and breakout force make it a useful for everything from pallet handling to hard digging and fuel consumption drops by up to four percent in V-cycle as well as load-and-carry applications.
“The WA200-8 is a massive upgrade in operator comfort. And the quick, change-on-the-fly coupler lets you move from moving bales to loading pallets to cleaning out feedlots or pushing into a pile with ease.”
- Frank Nyquist, product manager, Komatsu America
Standard features of the new WA200-8 include:
Under the Hood/Performance Enhancements
- A powerful 4.46 liter, 126 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA4D107E-3 engine burns up to four percent less fuel than its Tier 4 Interim predecessor.
- Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (KDOC) uses 100% passive regeneration without a diesel particulate filter.
- The new SCR system reduces NOx emissions and is designed to last the life of the engine.
- Fourth generation hydrostatic drivetrain with variable traction control and S-mode provides excellent traction control to reduce wheel spin. S-mode excels in snowy, icy or slippery conditions.
- A knob on the RH console easily controls creep mode in first gear. This mode allows the operator to dial in travel speed from one to eight miles an hour. This feature is ideal for running attachments, such as brooms.
- New, more comfortable, high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown reduces idle time and saves fuel.
- Auxiliary audio jack and two 12-volt ports.
- Seven inch, LCD color monitor with Ecology Guidance.
- Dedicated, full-color, rearview monitor, comes standard.
- Swing out, hydraulically-driven cooling fan, with wider fin spacing and auto-reverse, for ease of cleaning.
- Gull-wing engine doors provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items.
- Full-rear fenders are optional.
- DEF tank features a convenient sight glass to discourage overfilling.
The WA200-8, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and two complimentary Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) maintenance services and DEF tank flushes in the first five years. With select labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter.
By Curtis Sund
on August 1, 2017
Komatsu America Corp.
More in Construction Equipment News