Komatsu Debuts Second Generation PC210LCi-11 Excavator with Intelligent Machine Controls, New Joystick
Money-saving efficiency and automatics, combined with operator-friendly, machine-control-enabled joysticks make this among the most versatile excavators on the market.
has debuted the second generation PC210LCi-11 hydraulic excavator, with Komatsu's intelligent machine control technology and the eagerly-awaited, machine-control-joystick functionality. The intelligent machine control technology offers up to a 63% improvement in excavating efficiency over a standard PC210LC-11 and traditional stake-plus-grade-checker methods.
The extra efficiency can save time and money by, 1) minimizing the need and expense of grading dozers and grade checkers, 2) minimizing the costs associated with over-excavating, including extra materials, fuel and time, and 3) utilizing the time usually wasted waiting on grade checkers and over-excavation to finish jobs and potentially collect on-time or finish-early project bonuses.
Pioneering intelligent machine control almost five years ago has given Komatsu’s network of Technology Solutions Experts (TSE) experience helping customers maximize their intelligent machine control investment. That experience has also helped customers identify integrated solutions and services opportunities, such as:
- SmartConstruction solution services, including 3D modeling, jobsite setup, operator training
- Remote support, trouble shooting of 3D GNSS technology via included cellular modem
- Bundled block time TSE support packages, including on-site and remote/phone support
- Komatsu distributor single point-of-contact for all base machine or machine control issues
Komatsu's Intelligent Machine Control Technology Key Features
- Factory Integrated: intelligent Machine Control technology factory installed, integrated into the base machine, and validated to the same quality standards now synonymous with the Komatsu brand.
- Machine Control Function Enabled Joysticks: Frequently used machine control functions are now located on the operator’s control lever for increased convenience and comfort.
- Full 3D GNSS Capabilities: Not limited like 2D only systems, the PC210LCi-11 features full 3D capabilities, allowing it to dig to grade everywhere on the jobsite a 3D GNSS dozer can.
- Work Equipment Automation: GNSS technology tied into machine hydraulics to allow actual automation of work equipment functions – not just the indication/manual-only operation typical of aftermarket offerings.
- Stroke Sensing Hydraulic Cylinders: No delay position readout with our proven, robust technology, validated in thousands of machines worldwide.
- Intelligent Guidance: Advanced features such as facing angle compass and minimum distance bucket control are delivered in a simple and intuitive manner, with a class-leading 12.1” touchscreen display.
By Curtis Sund
on September 11, 2017
Komatsu America Corp.
More in Construction Equipment News