Volvo’s New Crawler Excavator is More Powerful and Less Pricey [VIDEO]
Take on bigger projects with the 20-ton EC200E
Volvo Construction Equipment’s newest crawler excavator offers strong performance without the added cost and features of a larger excavator. Made for light to medium applications, the new excavator gives customers a previously lacking option between Volvo’s 16- and 22-ton machines. The EC200E 20-ton class excavator is Volvo’s new choice for contractors and rental companies who want Volvo quality with exceptional value.
“This machine’s size and price point make it a great new option for rental yards and for owners of smaller fleets looking to move up to take on bigger projects, particularly those in the building segment."
- Sung Sook Kim, product manager excavators at Volvo Construction Equipment.
A strong addition
The EC200E is a new class size in Volvo’s North American crawler excavator lineup between the EC160E and EC220E. It was designed primarily for customers who need a light- to medium-duty digging excavator. The EC200E has a maximum digging reach of 32 feet 9 inches and a maximum digging depth of 22 feet 3 inches, with a lifting capacity of 16,138 pounds.
The EC200E is fitted with X1 hydraulic piping and has an attachment management system that allows for pre-setting hydraulic flow and pressure for up to 20 attachments. The machine is equipped for quick couplers, which makes it easier to swap out attachments quickly.
Additional features include:
- The ability to transport it on a trailer without additional permits, as opposed to larger machines
- Auto idling, auto engine shutdown and ECO mode for increased fuel efficiency
- Service-friendly features like grouped filters and single-layer cooling systems are easily accessible from ground level
- ROPS cab, high-visibility handrails, anti-slip steps and easy access to the machine via the right-hand side
- Integrated work modes incorporate engine rpm and hydraulic flow into a single dial, allowing operators to easily get the perfect balance of power and controllability
- New 8-inch LCD display
- Tier 4 Final D4 Volvo engine
Like all Volvo excavators, the EC200E is backed by the Volvo Lifetime Frame and Structure Warranty, which covers the frame, boom and arm for the entirety of the initial period of ownership. It is also eligible for a free year of ActiveCare Direct®, the 24/7/365 active machine monitoring and fleet utilization reporting service offered directly from Volvo.
The EC200E also comes with the Volvo Fuel Efficiency Guarantee. If the machine’s fuel consumption and productivity do not meet model-rated efficiency levels, Volvo will reimburse a portion of the additional fuel.
By Ashley Burt
on April 17, 2019
Volvo Construction Equipment
More in Construction Equipment News