WasteExpo 2019: The Future is Here
Registration numbers already exceeding last year’s record breaking highs!
WasteExpo, North America’s largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event, is happening May 6-9, 2019, in Las Vegas. Over the past 50 years, WasteExpo has helped usher in more significant industry innovations than any other—and the future looks even more promising.
“WasteExpo 2019 is shaping up to be our best show yet! In addition to some new educational highlights, registration numbers are up from last year, which is amazing considering it was a record-setting event. We invite the industry’s amazing waste, recycling and organics professionals to learn in the 5-star conference program, see 600+ exhibitors waiting with the solutions they need, and connect with 14,000 peers and experts alike. It’s the industry’s annual reunion and we look forward to welcoming everyone to Vegas in May.”
- Liz Bothwell, Group Marketing Director, Waste360
So, what can you expect at WasteExpo 2019?
This year’s conference program features six tracks for attendees to choose from:
- Business Insights & Policy
- Collection & Transfers
- Organics Recycling, Composting, Biogas
- Food Recovery Forum
- Processing & Disposal
- Technology & Innovation
The award-winning Food Recovery Forum is back by popular demand, with a focus on efforts and solutions that reduce, rescue, and recover food waste. Presentations will feature successful initiatives, model programs, and case studies that showcase the forward-thinking learning that is making waves in this increasingly important arena.
Also returning are the free Spotlight sessions that aim to keep attendees ahead of the trends; these are open and relevant to all attendees. This year’s Spotlight sessions feature a fireside chat with the CEO of Advanced Disposal; a panel of influential industry CFOs; a look at the latest technologies, and more.
Other agenda highlights include several annual favorites:
- The National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA)’s Awards Breakfast, which honors Driver of the Year, Operator of the Year, Distinguished Service, and the Chapter Leadership Award. See the industry's brightest stars honored!
- Silent and live auctions hosted by the Environmental Research and Education Foundation. Since 1995, the auction has raised more than $18 million to further EREF’s mission to fund and direct scientific research and educational initiatives for waste management practices.
- The Waste360/Stifel Financial Investor Summit in its seventh year. This unique day of learning and analysis provides attendees with insights into the factors influencing the behavior of operating companies.
- 600+ exhibitors ready to help attendees with their latest challenges in the Exhibit Hall.
WasteExpo 2019 also features some exciting new elements on the agenda:
- Business Growth Forum—a half-day seminar designed for small and midsized companies looking for financial strategies that go beyond day-to-day operations.
- NOTHING WASTED! Pioneers & Visionaries—hear from today’s brightest innovators and thinkers in an open forum that incites change.
- Spanish Super Session—a new (and free) education course designed for Spanish-speaking attendees.
- WasteExpo half-day Workshops on safety, zero waste, recycling and food waste.
- Public Sector Reception—created to welcome our public sector attendees and help them connect with their peers and experts from cities and states from around the country.
All in all, WasteExpo promises a jam-packed, productive few days in Las Vegas. It will bring together 14,000 participants for cutting-edge thinking, valuable takeaways, and profitable networking.
By Ashley Burt
on March 11, 2019
More in Trade Shows