Did you find what you were looking for?
Thank you for the feedback! If you have any suggestions on how to improve our site, please let us know.
Thank you for the feedback! Your suggestions and feedback immensely help us improve our site.
We List Wheel Lift, Flatbed Tow Truck Models and More
Our listings of new and used wreckers for sale can be divided into three main types:
- Hook and Chain – Otherwise known as "sling" towers, this economic towing system attaches heavy chains to the vehicle’s bumper or axle. This method is especially good for towing vehicles with missing front wheels. However, these towers can cause damage to the bumper and to the frame, and they are generally outdated.
- Wheel Lift – This hydraulic system inserts a metal frame underneath the vehicle that locks into place and lifts, causing no damage. However, if the vehicle is too damaged (or if it is all-wheel drive), then it cannot be towed using this method.
- Flatbed Tow Truck Models – A flatbed tow truck is the most expensive design, but also the safest for transporting damaged vehicles as well as two-wheel and four-wheel drive vehicles. They come with either aluminum and steel beds, and are priced accordingly.
Additional Features of Tow Trucks
- Booms – This is used whenever the vehicle cannot be safely attached from the rear. It’s especially good for getting vehicles out of steep ditches and embankments.
- Integrated – Classic "repo trucks" merge the boom with a wheel-lift design. These are primarily intended for light duty use, although heavier integrated repo trucks are less commonly made.
Got a tow truck to sell? In minutes, you can create a classified ad and market it to thousands of users.
Start selling today