When do You Need Lifting Equipment (Material Handling Equipment)?
Also referred to as material handling equipment, heavy lifting equipment can be used to safely pick up or put down everything from pallets to people, depending on the type of equipment involved. If you need to reach high-up structures for maintenance and repairs, transport heavy materials and equipment, or keep a warehouse properly, then you are going to need lifting equipment.
Common Types of Lifting Equipment
- Cranes – Stationary tower cranes excel at transporting even the heaviest materials and equipment to high-clearance areas like rooftops and bridges. Crane trucks, on the other hand, have less lifting power in exchange for a compact size that’s great for small job sites and high mobility levels, saving on storage and transportation fees.
- Forklifts – These speedy machines can be made for smooth or rough surfaces and are especially excellent for lifting pallets and other stacked materials.
- Scissor Lifts – These platforms can lift or lower workers and large pieces of equipment in even the most narrow of spaces.
- Boom Lifts – Used to raise and lower a single crew member.
- Articulating Boom Lift – These lifts can move around overhanging obstacles as needed.
Find Heavy Lifting and Material Handling Equipment with My Little Salesman
The heavy lifting equipment above is designed for lifting and lowering a large variety of materials, workers and other pieces of heavy equipment. Simply choose your preferred category to begin browsing through an extremely well-rounded assortment of cranes, forklifts, and truck booms (as well as stationary and self propelled boom lifts), self propelled scissor lifts and stationary scissor lift platforms.