Did you find what you were looking for?
Thank you for the feedback! If you have any suggestions on how to improve our site, please let us know.
Thank you for the feedback! Your suggestions and feedback immensely help us improve our site.
Heavy Lifting Equipment for Lifting Loose Bulk Materials, Machinery, & More
Also known as material handling equipment, heavy lifting equipment is a broad term covering any equipment or accessories used to lift and lower large loads. Heavy lifting equipment can be found in abundance throughout construction sites offloading trucks and transporting heavy items, in forestry projects extracting and loading logs and felled trees, on mine sites extracting and transporting minerals, iron and uranium, and in warehouses rearranging single items as well as pallets and large containers.
Whether you are working outdoors or in a warehouse with narrow aisles, My Little Salesman lists crucial heavy lifting equipment that can easily move, store and otherwise protect sensitive materials and products in virtually any kind of environment. We list new and used material handling equipment for moving loose bulk materials, sacks, pallets, oversized concrete blocks, shipping containers, and all kinds of heavy machinery. We also have plenty of lifting equipment accessories and replacement parts.
Choosing Heavy Lifting Equipment
There are many different types of lifting equipment in construction and many other industries, so be sure you are choosing the right equipment for the job:
- Forklifts – Smaller heavy equipment with dual lifting arms used for construction, agriculture and landscaping tasks.
- Overhead Cranes – Uses an overhead beam to lift heavy equipment (usually in warehouses).
- Boom Lifts – Otherwise known as a man lift or a cherry picker, these boom trucks have a bucket or platform for raising and lowering workers.
- Sideloader – A special forklift made for lifting long, heavy items in narrow warehouse aisles.
- Order Pickers – A lift truck made for picking smaller orders in high-up areas of a warehouse.
- Stackers – Used to stockpile materials in bulk such as limestone and ores.
- Reclaimers – Used to gather the stacked materials created by stackers.
There are also many different types of heavy lifting equipment accessories, including slings:
- Nylon – Nylon lifting slings are strong, affordable, and not affected by oil and grease.
- Polyester – Polyester slings are not affected by most acids (except sulfuric acids and alkaline) and bleaching agents.
- Wire Rope – Wire rope slings are resistant to wear-and-tear, corrosion, and they’re ultra-flexible. Especially popular with mining operations.
- Chain – Chain slings are strong, flexible, and easy to store. They are the sling of choice for high temperatures and other tough environments, making them more expensive than other lifting accessories.