When Do You Need Logging Equipment?
Forestry equipment (logging equipment) is needed for felling, processing and extracting trees. “Full-tree” logging equipment – such as skidders, forwarders and feller bunchers – removes the entire tree from the trunk up. “Cut-to-length” logging equipment like harvesters, delimbers and processor machines are used to saw down and delimb a tree to specifications, leaving only a stump behind.
Common Types of Logging Equipment
Different types of logging equipment work best under different forest conditions:
- Skidders – Skidders can remove trees using a grapple or cables. They are ideal for less dense forests due to a large footprint.
- Forwarders – Also used for removing trees, but leaves a smaller footprint because the logs are kept off the ground, making them better for delicate forest operations.
- Log Loaders – Used to organize and load processed logs using a knuckleboom, grapple or forks.
- Feller Bunchers – Sharp shearing blades cut down trees (or push them over), and a boom organizes and piles them for later transportation.
- Delimbers – Often used in conjunction with a chipper, delimbers strip tree limbs for easy transportation and processing.
Find Forestry & Logging Equipment With My Little Salesman
Whether you are clearcutting a forest or carefully selecting only the finest species of trees, My Little Salesman is the leading marketplace of forestry and logging equipment for any job you can think of. Our motivated sellers are sure to have what you need, so browse the categories to select the right new and used logging equipment today.