Did you find what you were looking for?
Thank you for the feedback! If you have any suggestions on how to improve our site, please let us know.
Thank you for the feedback! Your suggestions and feedback immensely help us improve our site.
Lowboy Trailers for Transporting Heavy Equipment
Regular flatbed trailers can only transport heavy equipment that’s up to 8’6 tall, but lowboy trailers can securely haul equipment that’s up to 14 feet in height without a problem. One trailer deck sits behind the gooseneck for regular loads and a second trailer deck is just behind the wheels, getting as low to the ground as possible. Standard lowboy trailers can handle loads that are 40,000 pounds, though 80,000 pounds can be achieved by adding axles.
My Little Salesman proudly lists new and used lowboy trailers for sale that can safely transport even the largest pieces of heavy equipment on the market to its destination, from bulldozers and backhoes, to excavators and more!
Choosing the Right Type of Lowboy Trailer
Lowboy trailers come in three different varieties, all centering around differences in the gooseneck (which is a special type of ball hitch connection):
- Fixed Gooseneck (FGN) – These lightweight goosenecks are small and adjustable, allowing you to add depth to the deck as needed. This also makes it much easier to load from the rear.
- Fixed-Neck – Fixed-neck lowboys for sale do not have removable or adjustable goosenecks. They are the most lightweight, but loading items through the front can be much more difficult.
- Removable Gooseneck (RGN) – RGN trailers for sale are the most popular due to their ease of use. They are lightweight, sometimes foldable, and hydraulic versions do not require a small motor to remove.
Choosing between Hydraulic and Mechanically-Detachable Lowboy Trailers
Lowboy trailers with removable goosenecks can be detached using either a hydraulics system or a traditional mechanical system.
- Opting for lowboys for sale with a hydraulics system makes the goosenecks much easier to detach, but it costs more and also needs occasional maintenance repairs.
- Mechanically-detachable goosenecks, on the other hand, are cheaper but are more labor-intensive; they also take longer to remove or adjust.
Got a lowboy trailer to sell? In minutes, you can create a classified ad and market it to thousands of users.
Start selling today