Did you find what you were looking for?
Thank you for the feedback! If you have any suggestions on how to improve our site, please let us know.
Thank you for the feedback! Your suggestions and feedback immensely help us improve our site.
Commercial Stump Grinder for Easy Tree Stump Removal
A commercial stump grinder, also known as a stump cutter, uses a frontal rotary blade to pass back and forth over the top of a stump until it’s been fully reduced to dust. Commercial stump grinders are also designed to keep grinding at least 4 inches below the stump to kill the root system as well, keeping other trees from growing in its place. The blade is easily raised and lowered using a hydraulic lever.
As a leading marketplace of logging equipment, My Little Salesman recognizes the many different reasons for needing a tree stump gone. Whether you are trying to prevent tripping injuries, control tree growth, stop insects and mold, free up garden space, or just trying to make your area look nice, on MyLittleSalesman.com, you'll find the right industrial stump grinder listings to properly manage properties large and small.
How to Choose the Right Industrial Stump Grinder
As with most heavy equipment, there is little reason to get a large, overpowered stump cutter for smaller jobs, so try to size the equipment with the task at hand. Large stumps are obviously going to require commercial stump grinders, but size is not the only factor; older stumps are soft and can be grinded down far more easily than newer stumps, so the stump’s age is important, too.
There are three main types of stump grinders:
- Handlebar Stump Grinder – This design is the smallest and uses the handle to manually move the grinding wheel back and forth over the stump. They are lightweight, affordable and easily transported, so companies will turn to handlebar stump grinders for small jobs.
- PTO Stump Grinder – Also known as a tractor mounted stump grinder, these models use the power take-off system of a tractor to grind down a stump. They are still considered fairly small and meant for medium duty jobs.
- Self Propelled Stump Grinder – These stump grinders drive themselves and can be tracked or wheeled. They are small enough to fit into most areas yet powerful enough to handle tree stumps up to 34 inches wide on average.
- Tracked – Tracks always provide the best traction and can get across rough terrain such as mud or snow.
- Rubber Tires – Cannot drive over any terrain, but leaves a smaller footprint than tracked stump grinders, making them better for delicate areas where the grass or soil can’t be disturbed.
- Tow Behind Stump Grinder – The biggest and most powerful stump grinders of all will require a pickup truck, tractor or skid steer to tow them to a stump for grinding. They can easily handle tree stumps over 34 inches wide.
What to Check When Buying a Used Industrial Stump Grinder
- Check the guards and moving parts for breaks, missing pieces or other forms of damage.
- Make sure the teeth are not dull, broken or missing.
- Make sure the moving parts are not clogged with debris.
- Make sure the debris curtain is not worn and will deflect stump debris.
Got a stump grinder to sell? In minutes, you can create a classified ad and market it to thousands of users.
Start selling today