Did you find what you were looking for?
Thank you for the feedback! If you have any suggestions on how to improve our site, please let us know.
Thank you for the feedback! Your suggestions and feedback immensely help us improve our site.
New & Used Tank Trailers of all Types for Sale
Whether you're searching for MAC, Tiger, or Polar tank trailers, these tank trailers are capable of transporting everything from consumer goods to hazardous materials of any kind. Here is a quick breakdown of the many different types of listed tank trailers for sale:
- Chemical & Acid Tank Trailers – These tanks are made from steel, and as such, they can withstand most chemicals and even flammable or corrosive materials to a lesser degree (if properly washed and maintained).
- Dry Bulk Pneumatic Tank Trailers – This refers to tank trailers for sale in the bulk commodity industry, which includes coal, ore and grain – called "major bulks" – and steel, sugar, and cement – called "minor bulks".
- Vacuum Tank Trailers – A vacuum tank trailer is like an ordinary dry bulk pneumatic tank trailer, but with the addition of a very helpful vacuum apparatus that can offload the product.
- Fuel Tank Trailers – These tanks are typically made from aluminum and often have a system in place that eliminates fuel tank vapors while being filled. Another typical feature is called a "scully system", which is an electronic monitoring device that will not allow any flowage until certain safety requirements are met.
Buying Considerations for Used Tank Trailers
Here are some quick pieces of information when shopping for a tank trailer:
- In the tank trailer industry, condition is more important than age. As long as the tank trailer has been well-serviced, it can last for a very long time (this is especially true for Polar tank trailers).
- No matter what industry you are in, carbon steel is going to show the effects of corrosion faster than tank trailers made from stainless steel (this goes for the gears and all other components).
- A trailer tank with an air ride suspension will generally have less wear-and-tear than those with a spring suspension system, but with the proper maintenance, both suspension types are viable.
Got a tank trailer to sell? In minutes, you can create an online listing for your tank trailer and advertise it to thousands of buyers.
Start selling today