Did you find what you were looking for?
Thank you for the feedback! If you have any suggestions on how to improve our site, please let us know.
Thank you for the feedback! Your suggestions and feedback immensely help us improve our site.
Vacuum Trucks for Loading and Unloading Wet and Dry Materials
Vacuum trucks are heavy duty trucks with a vacuum system that uses high-pressure pumps or blowers to load everything from septic waste to hazardous industrial chemicals. Vacuum trucks are used for a wide variety of purposes and can be found unloading tanker trucks as well as removing waste from construction sites, grease traps, water basins, car wash pits and toxic environmental spills.
My Little Salesman lists a wide breadth of affordable vacuum trucks for sale that can reliably suction up and take away up to 5,000 gallons of liquid, sludge or slurry (and dry materials like sand, gravel and salt as well). No matter if you are operating in a warm climate or out in the cold, we are sure to list the right vacuum truck for sale!
Picking the Right Vacuum Truck for Sale
There are two main types of vacuum trucks:
- Waste Vacuum Truck – This vacuum truck can collect waste at construction sites and other undeveloped areas. Aside from removing waste, these vacuum trucks also have extra room in the back for transporting port-a-pottys from location to location.
- Pumper Vacuum Truck – A pumper truck is used to remove sludge, grease, and hazardous materials. They are typically built using a tandem axle chassis to support large loads.
Next, decide between pumps or blowers:
- Blowers – The better choice for cleaning sewers, water basins and car wash pits, as well as loading and unloading dry materials.
- Pumps – Primarily used for septic waste and any other job not listed for blowers.
When using pumps, the outdoor temperature matters as well:
- Pumps in warm climates can be cooled using air or water.
- In cold climates, heated pumps must use hot water to keep the vanes from freezing over and breaking off.
What to Check When Buying a Used Vacuum Truck
Used vacuum trucks for sale can go a long ways so long as...
- The power take-off (PTO) system works well with the vacuum system and does not leak.
- The hoses themselves are not too wet or too dry.
- The valves, hoses, and pumps or blowers do not need to be rebuilt or replaced.
- There’s no rust, dents or cracks in the body or frame.
Got a vacuum truck to sell? In minutes, you can create a classified ad and market it to thousands of users.
Start selling today