Next Generation of Case IH Maxxum Tractors Released with 3 Transmission Configurations
The Maxxum tractor lineup includes five models ranging from 116 to 145 engine hp, delivering 95 to 125 PTO hp.
Many improvements can be found in the new lineup of Case IH
Maxxum series tractors, including powertrain improvements and transmission configuration options, including the new ActiveDrive 8 24-speed transmission. The new ActiveDrive 8 transmission delivers uninterrupted torque through more working speeds, faster shuttle shifts and simplified shifting. The
2018 performance enhancements combined with the configuration options allow you to build the right workhorse for tasks across the farm from row crop fieldwork to livestock feeding.
“New Maxxum tractors are loaded with powertrain innovation to bring more productivity to your operation. We are launching the most innovative features for Maxxum tractors since the transition to the patented SCR-only emissions solution in 2012.”
- Cole Carling, Marketing Manager for Case IH Maxxum, Puma and Optum tractors
Producers now can choose between three configurations: the ActiveDrive 4 semi-powershift transmission, new ActiveDrive 8 dual-clutch transmission and CVXDrive continuously variable transmission. Designed to increase productivity, the new ActiveDrive 8 24-speed transmission features eight powershift speeds in three electronically shifted ranges. The middle range offers working speeds between 2.4 and 10.7 mph without torque interruptions or requiring range changes.
“We anticipate producers will use the middle range for 90 percent of field applications. With ActiveDrive 8, the transmission automatically selects the right gear, not ‘just’ the next gear, when the operator requests more or less ground speed.” - Cole Carling
A key attribute of a successful loader tractor is the ability to aggressively shuttle between forward and reverse. With just the simple push of a button, the responsiveness of the dedicated forward and reverse shuttle clutches can be tailored to a producer’s loading task. Plus, to reduce operator fatigue during repetitive material handling tasks, innovations such as Adaptive Steering Control (variable ratio steering), as well as automated transmission features like memory shuttle and brake-to-clutch, make the Maxxum tractor a great choice for a loader tractor.
New enhancements and features for the Maxxum tractor lineup includes:
- The ActiveDrive 8 24-speed transmission that introduces double-clutch transmission technology to the Case IH tractor lineup.
- Automated features like smart range shift, memory shuttle, and brake-to-clutch, which simplify speed selection, enhance productivity and reduce operator fatigue.
- Aggressive new grill and hood styling enhance cooling system performance, plus mechanical efficiencies in the transmission and automated features reduce fluid consumption by up to 5 percent, compared with the previous model.
- An optional advanced loader joystick, which incorporates speed control at your fingertips while operating your loader.
- Heavy-duty 2WD configuration, which meets the needs of diverse farming operations.
- The toughest MFD front axle ever offered on Maxxum tractors for the most demanding applications: the Class 4 Heavy Duty MFD front axle.
Quality engineering and innovative technology remain the foundation of each Maxxum tractor. The Maxxum tractor lineup includes:
- Five models ranging from 116 to 145 engine hp, delivering 95 to 125 PTO hp
- Tier 4 B/Final SCR-only Efficient Power technology, creating more power with less fuel
- Front 3-point hitch and PTO options deliver power for snow removal and other specialty applications
- Optional electronic or mechanical rear hydraulic remote valves
- Factory-installed AFS AccuGuide with AFS Pro 700 display or AFS ElectriSteer autoguidance options, which increase productivity
- Extended routine service intervals, including 600-hour oil change interval, which reduce downtime
By Curtis Sund
on August 2, 2017
More in Farm Equipment News